Friday, July 5, 2013

TWO YEAR WAIT: March 18 , 2013

I've been communicating via e-mail with a birthmother this past week.  She sent me a message through our online profile.  I was hesitant to say anything about it, but have decided to share.  I'm not going to give any details, of course.  Communication has gone very smoothly and we seem to have clicked.  She's only 6 weeks along and isn't due until January 2013, so there's still quite a journey ahead.

Like I said, I was hesitant to share through this blog and Facebook, but I have been overwhelmed by the wonderful and amazing support, encouragement, and prayers I've received from all of you.  It's taken a lot to show my vulnerability with this, but I've found a tremendous source of support through you.

I'm at the point where I'm trying to stay positive while not getting my hopes up.  After a year of feeling a bit lost, I feel like things are finally starting to fall into place.  Mike and I close on the purchase of a home later this month.  I complete my Masters in Music Education in August, and now this.

Please keep the health and safety of the birthmother and baby in your prayers.  Please pray that God will continue to guide and support us through this journey of adoption.  Even if this isn't the connection that makes us parents, I hope for the best for this mother and baby and feel appeased that after a year of waiting, there seems to be some visible signs of progress.

Words can not express how grateful I am for all of the messages of support and prayers I know are being said.  This has been quite a roller coaster of a process and I feel so blessed to have your support and understanding.

Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment