Monday, July 15, 2013

Blessed, while all the while missing someone

Mike and I have had the wonderful opportunity to spend time with his family recently.  Mike's older sister, Tammy, her husband, and their three children live in Quito, Ecuador.  Unfortunately, it isn't often that we get to see them.  Whenever we get the whole family together, Mike's Aunt Janet takes some family photos.  As the photos were taken, I couldn't help but feel blessed.  Blessed to have an amazing husband and marriage.  Blessed to have married into such a wonderful family with beautiful, kind, smart, and funny nieces and nephews.

Kristin and Mike


Mike and Kristin with their nieces and nephews: L-R: Jacob, Anne, Grace, Sara, Luke, Emma, Mike, and Kristin


Mike's parents and their 6 grandchildren, L-R: Emma, Anne, Jacob, Sara, Luke, Jack, Grace, and Peggy


The whole family!  :)


I was overwhelmed by a mixture of emotions during this photo session.  I have been wonderfully welcomed into an amazing family.  At the same time, it was with a heavy heart that these photos were taken.  I imagined Russell being in these photos with us.  I am missing him terribly.  I truly believed that the previous set of family photos was the last without our child being pictured.  I love the photo of the two of us, but feel like someone is missing.  I'm anxious to have a child to complete our family photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment