Friday, July 5, 2013

ARG!!!: September 13, 2010

OK, so I have a gripe!  We found out that the placement adoption agency that works out of state will accept our Boulder county home study we used for the foster care system.  I tried calling the agency here in Colorado to try to see if they will accept it until it expires in a few months and then do an update.  That way we'll only have to spend the money on one home study before we get a baby.  I didn't get an answer at the Colorado agency.

Mike had suggested I call some adoption attorneys here to see if maybe we don't even need the Colorado agency but they can tell us what the process would be and refer us to the right places.

The lawyer I spoke to was so curt and rude.  "Do you have the baby?  Have you met the baby?  Is this baby perhaps from India?"

"I'm just trying to figure out the system.  Do we need the agency here?  Can you help me with what would be required?"

"You're like 20 steps ahead of where you need to be.  I can't help you."

"Thank you so much for your time," I said quite sarcastically.

ARG!!!!!!  I thoroughly admit that I don't know how it all works.  That's why I'm calling!!!!!!!  I'm trying to figure out the process.  I'm looking for someone to tell me what needs to be done.  Again, this just reminds me of how insecure and uncomfortable I get when encountering a system where I don't know how it works.  It makes me feel so stupid.  I'm hoping that the Colorado agency can give me more answers tomorrow.

Meanwhile I've heard from a friend in CA who's a high school teacher that she has 4 students who are pregnant.  I'LL TAKE ONE!

Hopefully one step closer!

No comments:

Post a Comment