Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Denver Botanic Gardens and Backyard Garden

One of My (Kristin's) favorite places to go is Denver Botanic Gardens.  I enjoy walking around and enjoying the scenery.  My favorite parts are the Monet Garden and Japanese Garden.  Yesterday Mike was busy at work planning for this next school year, so I trekked on down to the gardens.  It was a warm day, but well worth it!  I even sat down and enjoyed an Arnold Palmer to cool off while soaking in the Monet Garden.

Trips to the Denver Botanic Gardens and puttering around my vegetable garden give me something tangible to see and do during a time in the adoption process when I feel everything is out of my hands and control. 

Here are a few photos I took of yesterday's visit to Denver Botanic Gardens.




Do any of you know what this is?


I've been busy in my own backyard vegetable garden as well.  Sunday I made zucchini bread from zucchini grown in my garden from seed.






Here are a few photos taken today while exploring the verdant surroundings of my backyard vegetable garden, all grown from seed.

 overview

 zucchini gone wild

 Roma tomatoes

cucumber

 lettuce surrounded by cucumber and zucchini


I am someone who has her mind set on a goal and is not very patient with the journey to attaining that goal.  This has proved to be a difficult part in the adoption process.  It has been difficult waiting for more than two years with no visible paperwork to fill out or anything else that's a tangible step towards becoming parents.  I have always been one who wants everything settled right away.  I feel so helpless and out of control with losing Russell and during this waiting period when nothing is in our control.  There's no particular form to fill out, room to be cleaned, or shopping to be done that can bring back Russell or bring about our match with a birthmother take place any sooner.

Pouring myself into the garden gives me something visible and tactile to see and feel growing.  My first year gardening in Colorado has definitely been an educational experience, but it's an activity in which I'm seeing product and positive results right now.



No comments:

Post a Comment