Friday, November 6, 2015

Happy Adoption Day!

Today, November 6, 2015 marks the one year anniversary of the finalization of Rose's adoption.  I have been an emotional mess all day long!  Last night I made a poster of a couple photos from Rose's adoption day for her to take in to school.

I spent this morning baking cupcakes and listening to John McCuthcheon's Happy Adoption Day song.  Rose was quite confused as we listened to the song this morning over breakfast and the tears were streaming down my face.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjFD5Q6G7zI

Mike came home from work and Rose, Mike, and I had a cupcake party followed by some time in my music studio dancing to music.

Words don't give the significance of this anniversary its due importance.  Rose made us a family the day she was born, but the legal finalization of her adoption allowed me to breathe an enormous sigh of relief that it was all for real.  Her birth made us a family, but her adoption day made us a forever family.

Happy Adoption Day, my sweet Rosebud!  Love, Mama









No comments:

Post a Comment